An information system to collect and process electrical grid disturbance data
The system is designed to timely provide stakeholders with accurate and complete information on disconnected/failed power supply equipment and transmission lines and the number and composition of disconnected/failed power consumers.
The automation objects are structural subdivisions of the interregional distribution grid companies (IDGC) comprising Rosseti, the world’s biggest power company that transmits and distributes electricity, including the following:
- Situation centres
- Grid management centres at IDGC subsidiaries
- Operations control services at production departments and sites where IDGC’s electricity mains are located
- Customer relationship departments
- Management of electrical grid companies, their branches and corresponding departments
Event and Notification Monitoring Subsystem
The subsystem registers events that occur when disconnecting power equipment due to the electrical grid disturbance and/or engineering maintenance of the IDGC electrical grid (0.4–220 kW) or adjacent networks affecting the operation of IDGC’s grids. The subsystem allows to perform the following operations:
- Registering data on disconnected and/or failed power facilities and equipment received from the grid model monitoring subsystem
- Generating lists of connections to the disconnected and/or failed power facilities
- Recording operations carried out by power protection systems, weather conditions accompanying the electrical grid disturbance, and the reasons for such disturbance
- Recording the results of estimating the impact of outages on the consumers’ power supply, taking into account the social significance of such consumers
The subsystem provides summary reports on the number of outages and/or disconnected facilities.
Local reference management subsystem
A subsystem’s user, according to his access rights, can work (navigate, review, edit, add new entries and delete the existing ones) with reference files, which describe the event types, grid disturbance reasons, types of weather, the IDGC organizational structure, etc.
Grid connectivity evaluation subsystem
The subsystem defines power consumers left without electricity based on the current electrical grid scheme and reference data on the connections to power facilities, stored in the grid model monitoring subsystem, as well as the following information:
- Cut-off load
- The number of de-energized facilities
- The total number of people left without electricity
- The number of socially important power consumers in the area left without electricity
Reporting and visualization subsystem
The subsystem allows to generate statistical reports by preconfigured forms and to compile new reports. It also provides an option to print forms and files in the PDF, ODT, TXT, XML, HTML, XLS, RTF, and DOCX formats.
Grid model monitoring subsystem
The subsystem defines power consumers left without electricity based on the current electrical grid scheme and reference data on the connections to power facilities, stored in the grid model monitoring subsystem.
The subsystem allows to keep records on the electricity-consuming companies, the sites connected to the grid and referenced to each substation/distribution point, populated localities referenced to the corresponding territories, summer and winter electricity consumption measurements, the number of consumers representing socially important facilities and the seasonality impact on their status.